Data Protection Notice for EMODnet Seabed Habitats
Your personal data is processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) No 2018/1725 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.
The data controller of the processing operation is Head of Unit D.3 "Sustainable Blue Economy" of the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA), CINEA-EMFAF-CALLS@ec.europa.eu.
The following entity processes your personal data on our behalf: Institut Français de Recherche pour l’Exploitation de la Mer (“Ifremer”), 1625 route de Sainte-Anne, Zone industrielle de la Pointe du Diable, 29280 Plouzané, France.
The purpose(s) of this processing is/are to:
- Allow us to respond to questions and comments submitted via the Contact Us form.
- Track usage of the website via your IP address.
The legal bases of the processing are:
- Council Regulation 58/2003 of 19 December 2002 laying down the Statute for executive agencies to be entrusted with certain tasks in the management of EU programmes;
- Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/173 of 12 February 2021 establishing the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency, ./… and repealing Implementing Decisions 2013/801/EU…;
- Commission Decision C(2021)947 of 12 February 2021, delegating powers to the European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency;
- Regulation (EU) No 508/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 May 2014 on the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund and repealing Council Regulations (EC) No 2328/2003, (EC) No 861/2006, (EC) No 1198/2006 and (EC) No 791/2007 and Regulation (EU) No 1255/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council (OJ L 149/1 of 20.5.2014) (EMFF programme).
The following non-mandatory personal data are collected: name, email address and IP address can only be processed based on your prior consent.
The recipients of your personal data will be CINEA and Commission staff in charge of EMODnet, staff of CINEA contractors in charge of EMODnet Seabed Habitats, and bodies charged with monitoring or inspection tasks in application of EU law (e.g. internal audits, Court of Auditors, European Anti-fraud Office (OLAF)). Your personal data is only disclosed to recipients on a need to know basis.
Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries or international organisations.
In case of audits or proceedings, etc., personal data may be provided to CINEA’s Internal Controller, DPO, Legal Sector, etc.
In addition, data may be disclosed to public authorities in accordance with Union and Member State law, such as for instance the European Court of Justice or a national judge as well as the lawyers and the agents of the parties in case of a legal procedure, the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF), the Internal Audit Service of the Commission, the Court of Auditors, the European Ombudsman, the European Data Protection Supervisor and the European Public Prosecutor’s Office.
The processing of your data will not include automated decision-making (such as profiling).
Your personal data will be kept for a maximum period of:
- For IP addresses stored in cookies: up to 12 months from the start of a browsing session. Data will be automatically deleted at the end of this period. More details on our Cookies page: https://www.emodnet-seabedhabitats.eu/cookies/
- For email addresses entered into the Contact Us form: up to 3 months from the point at which it is entered by the user. Data will be deleted at the end of this period.
You have the right to access your personal data and to request your personal data to be rectified, if the data is inaccurate or incomplete; where applicable, you have the right to request restriction or to object to processing, to request a copy or erasure of your personal data held by the data controller. If processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Your request to exercise one of the above rights will be dealt with without undue delay and within one month.
However, in line with Article 25 of the Regulation, the data controller may restrict the rights of the data subjects based on the Decision of the Steering Committee (2020) 26 of 14/10/20 (OJEU L 45 on 9.2.2021, p. 80), in case where such restriction constitutes a measure necessary to safeguard the protection of the data subjects or the rights and freedoms of other data subjects, etc.
If you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, you may address them to the Head of Unit D.3 of the CINEA (entity acting as data controller) via: CINEA-DPO@ec.europa.eu.
Version June 2021