Launch of new and improved EMODnet Seabed Habitats interactive map
We are excited to announce the release of a new and improved interactive map. The product is the culmination of several months development to modernise the look and feel, introduce a range of new features and improve the ability to exchange information with external marine data sources.
1. Filtering map layers is now much simpler and configurable, meaning we can implement new filters depending on user requirements – please let us know what you’d like to see.
2. Users now have more control, including the ability to set the opacity scales of individual layers (left) and to reorder the display of layers (right).
3. Querying layers been streamlined, returning straightforward feature information with direct links to underlying metadata.
4. A gazetteer allows users to quickly zoom to pre-defined regions. This feature is also completely configurable, meaning additional locations can be added per user requests. Where would you like to zoom to?
5. Users can add layers from external sources using Web Map Services (WMS). We have added some relevant layers, but users can enter any WMS address to add layers from any source. Additional work is currently underway is allow more interoperability with different data formats, such as Copernicus data services.