A new phase for EMODnet Seabed Habitats
EMODnet Seabed Habitats has entered its third phase with a successful kick off meeting of the partners in Cambridge.
New activities include:
- The collation of habitat point data from all over Europe;
- The review of single habitats modelling in Europe; and
- The collation of modelled single habitats maps, for selected habitats.
In the next two years we will also be working on:
- Collating new habitat maps from survey;
- Producing new kinetic energy layers from waves and currents, in some areas;
- Extending the coverage and improving the broad scale habitat map (EUSeaMap); and
- Improving the map viewer for end users.
Watch this space!