A compilation and review of habitat models in European Seas
It is now possible to view a range of predictive habitat model outputs that occur at various scales and extents in Europe’s seas via the EMODnet Seabed Habitats interactive map. This compilation is accompanied by a literature review of peer-reviewed published studies that focus on seabed habitats and habitat-forming species. This report is now freely-available to download.
The report provides a qualitative review of the current trends and status of seabed habitat modelling within European seas, aiming to explore:
- What are the most popular methods to obtain training data for modelling;
- What are the main environmental variables used to predict distribution of habitats and habitat-forming species;
- A summary of the main categories of species and habitats modelled;
- What modelling methods are most frequently employed; and
- The scale and resolution to which modelling studies work.
For more information: