EMODnet Seabed Habitats Web Services
The layers that are viewable on our map viewer are also viewable in your desktop GIS application or on other mapping portals via our Web Map Service (WMS) and Web Feature Service (WFS) (copy and paste the address into your application):
- For EUSeaMap, Environmental variables that influence habitat type, Survey sample points and Composite data products:
- For Individual habitat maps from surveys and Modelled maps of specific habitats:
- WMS: https://ows.emodnet-seabedhabitats.eu/geoserver/emodnet_view_maplibrary/wms
- WFS: https://ows.emodnet-seabedhabitats.eu/geoserver/emodnet_open_maplibrary/wfs
For more details on the EMODnet Seabed Habitats WMS and WFS, visit our GitHub page.
We have put together a tutorial Accessing EMODnet Seabed Habitats’ OGC services (PDF), which provides information on:
- how to access Seabed Habitats WFS data
- how to extract, query and plot the relevant data for use, and
- how to extract the symbologies and layer styling from the GeoServer in order to visualise the data in a manner that is consistent with EMODnet Seabed Habitats.
As a walk-through exercise, the tutorial uses OSPAR threatened and/or declining habitats point data to create maps of seagrass beds in the Northeast Atlantic, including how to create facet and inset maps for areas of particular interest, using the appropriate layer styling.
For specific instructions on how to load WMS layers in desktop GIS software see the following external sites: